Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Blog Entry #6



The archetype that I chose was The Caregiver. The reason I chose the caregiver archetype was because it was my one of the two highest scores I had on the Pearson-Marr Archetype Indicator and I feel like I relate to that archetype the most. The basic characteristics to that archetype are a giving person that loves to help people. Caregivers are kind and give onto others as they want onto themselves, but sometimes they give much more to others. Although this archetype seems like a very good characteristic to have it also can be curse to have. If one is too much of a caregiver others can easily take advantage of them and caregivers can also be too trusting and let people get away with things. Caregivers also feel accomplished when they are helping someone and feel a sense of responsibly to help others.  A good example of a caregiver in real life would be a nun or a priest. Nuns and priests live their lives in hopes of helping everyone around them, that is in fact their point of living life; to help people. They give others much more then they receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment