Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Blog Entry #5



Reflecting back on this semester so far, I believe I have learned a lot. I usually enjoy writing courses, but I wasn't much of a fan of poetry and literature until I began taking this course. When I learned about the true meaning behind some of these poems in was quite interesting. Looking in depth to other people's writing makes me have an open mind to everything. The most interesting topic about this course I would say is symbolism. I find it fascinating how one little word can mean so much. For example just the word red can mean anger, love, passion, rage, stop, etc. The list goes on to the different possibilities. What also interested me about this course was the supernatural theme. I enjoy watching the show The Walking Dead and watching other supernatural shows that involve zombies and vampires. I previously didn't find much interest in poems due to how difficult the comas and stanzas made it seem. But learning more about them and how easily it can be to break them down makes me want to learn and read more!

No comments:

Post a Comment